We are delighted to announce that our Biopôle campus has been awarded the Espace Nature level 2.
This distinction, awarded by the Région Grand-Est and the Agence de l’Eau Rhin-Meuse, rewards public spaces involved in:
- in the preservation of biodiversity,
- the non-use of synthetic phytopharmaceutical products (organic products authorized at this level) and
- preservation of natural resources, in particular water.
For further information: https://www.grandest.fr/preserver-biodiversite/proteger-nature/commune-nature-2/.
This award reflects:
- the commitment of our teaching staff
- the involvement and hard work of the students who, over the years, have made our campus a place that reflects their interest in preserving their environment.
Our thanks go to everyone involved, and in particular to Miléna Kozak and Thomas Emane-Nkoghe, whose motivation and dynamism made this project possible.
Thanks also to the members of the Board of Directors who approved and supported this initiative.
On the Biopôle site, LVBE has an experimental vineyard managed by Virginie Wetta and FST an educational orchard managed by Alexandre Fritsch.
Our crop managers use a minimum of inputs exclusively authorized for organic farming. Weeding is either mechanical or manual. And small hands lend a hand for occasional jobs! These perennial crops are grown in compliance with the “Espace Nature” specifications.